Wellspring Family Services aims to end the cycle of homelessness for families in our local community. Thanks to support from Amazon and our other community partners, we are on track to meet our ambitious goal set earlier this year: Over a 2-year period Wellspring is helping 2,000 children and their family members find stability, not just temporary shelter.
Each year hundreds of committed individuals, community groups, and corporate volunteers help us by providing their time, energy, and support. Volunteers make our work possible!
You can find out more about the volunteer opportunities we offer, and how you can get involved, below.
Want to make a difference immediately? Just click the button below to make a donation to help children and families overcome homelessness and instability.
Host a Drive
• Host an online fundraising drive through Facebook or contact us so we can help you create a customized peer-to-peer fundraising page
• Host a donation drive in your workplace or with your friends and family to collect much needed items for families experiencing homelessness.
– Need a collection bin, donation tags, or flyers? We will provide them for you!
– Need help with what items our families most need? Check out our Amazon wish list.
Join the Wellspring Associate Board
• Learn about non-profit governance and board leadership through a robust board development curriculum
• Give back to the community in a significant way
• Develop leadership skills outside the work environment
• Gain an understanding of the non-profit sector
• Network with a like-minded cohort of people from a variety of professions
Sign up to help families via our volunteer corps
• Financial literacy training
• Career coaching
• Reading to children
Fill in the form below for more information.
Make the holidays special for a child in our Toy Room
People can volunteer in Toy Room individually or make it a group opportunity with family members, friends, or colleagues. The Toy Room will be open November 27 to December 22. Shifts usually run about two and a half hours.
To sign up, fill in the form below.
Make a difference for families visiting our Baby Boutique
Volunteers help to provide clients with an enjoyable shopping experience by sorting donations, maintaining an organized store, and assisting clients. Shifts generally last between 2-3 hours.
Host a table at our Lasting Change Luncheon
As a table captain you commit to filling at least 1 table of 10 guests. If you recruit more than 9 guests, tables can expand to fit up to 12 people. Or, consider hosting more than one table!
Click here to learn more about becoming a table captain or complete the form below.
When: Friday, March 22, 2019
Registration: 11:30 a.m.
Lunch & Program: Noon – 1:00 p.m.
Where: Seattle’s new Hyatt Regency Hotel,
808 Howell Street
Why: There are more than 17,000 children in King County who are homeless. Wellspring solves homelessness at the family level, with proven, lasting results.
Have a unique skillset?
Whenever possible, we connect the talents of our supportive community with the existing needs of our programs and the families we serve. If you have an idea for another way you could help, or a project that interests you, please reach out with the form below.
For more information about volunteering or if you have any questions, fill in the form below: