- Our Sweet Dreams donation drive runs through March 31
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
Donate new items to Wellspring’s Baby Boutique that help kids establish a bedtime routine and get a full night’s rest.
- Cozy pajamas
- Books for bedtime reading
- Cribs and toddler beds
- Appropriately sized sheets and blankets
- Pillows for 2-year-olds and older (Small firm and flat, please, for the younger kids. No pillows for babies!)
You can find our Sweet Dreams wish list here. It’s easy to print and share if you want to host a donation drive at your workplace or school.
You can drop off donations 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday, at 1900 Rainier Avenue S, Seattle, WA 98144. We also take donations on the second Saturday of each month between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Questions? 206-826-3050, or email@example.com.
Just how important is a good’s night’s rest?
Extremely! Without adequate rest kids can get grumpy, forgetful, and have trouble concentrating. They can get easily overwhelmed, or feel down and sad. They can get sick more often.
In contrast, children who get enough sleep are able to:
- Focus better in school
- Listen better to parents and teachers
- Be more patient with brothers, sisters and friends
- Solve problems better
- Express their creativity
- Fight off sickness better and stay healthy
Generally, kids who get enough rest are better able to get along with others and handle stress better. And bedtime routines help kids settle down and transition to sleep. Providing new items that help them settle down and snuggle in can gave a big impact on their lives.