A family’s transition from the trauma of homelessness to a stable life is not always easy.
We’d like to think that once a family secures affordable, stable housing, that challenges are solved. At Wellspring, we understand that—for most—stability takes support. And homelessness can be cyclical. One generation often times passes it on to the next, and so on.
Wellspring’s success depends not just on getting families into housing, but ensuring they stay housed, now and in the future. That’s why breaking the cycle of family homelessness is so crucial.
This #GivingTuesday, we’d like to share the ways in which we help to break that cycle for children and families in our community.
At the center of our work are partnerships. We can’t break the cycle of homelessness alone.
Donors, volunteers, other service providers, board members, local businesses, and members of the Wellspring team. The entire Wellspring “safety net” works together toward bringing long-term stability to the children and families facing homelessness in our community.
Here are just a few partnerships critical to that work:
- Wellspring’s clients, who inspire us each day with their resilience and determination.
- Bellwether Housing, an organization offering affordable housing and stability support services at Arbora Court in Northeast Seattle. There, Wellspring Family Support Specialists work daily with families transitioning out of homelessness to ensure they’re stable in their new housing.
- Starbucks, United Way, and Mary’s Place, who join us in supporting children and families at the Seattle-area Family Resource Events. These one-day events allow families facing homelessness to be given immediate support.
- Uber, which provides free rides to our Wellspring staff as we support our clients in the Greater Seattle area.
- The more than 250 volunteers who have helped us this year to sort clothing and other essential items for our Baby Boutique. They do great work at our events and as we support children and families in our community.
- Over 400 people who have donated children’s clothing and essential items to our Baby Boutique. These gifts help to ensure families experiencing homelessness can get free clothing, diapers, formula and other essential items for their children.
Lastly, we’re so grateful for the partnership Wellspring has with our generous donors. Their support is helping Wellspring end the cycle of family homelessness in our community.
This #GivingTuesday, you can help end homelessness for a family in the Greater Seattle area. Please consider a gift by clicking below.
Remember to share on social media why Wellspring is important to you with the hashtag #whywellspring.