Children can be quite sensitive to changes in their family or environment, and can also feel tremendous pressure to perform and excel in school and activities. At the same time, children do not have a fully developed emotional language to express their distress.
We can help with issues such as:
- Behavioral problems at home or at school
- The impact of divorce or family separation
- Attention problems that interfere with achievement
- Social skills development
- Loneliness, sadness, or feelings of isolation
- Low self esteem
- Difficulties in family relationships
The pressures of modern family life can often leave parents feeling anxious, guilty and out of control in relation to their children. Our therapists also work closely with the child's parents to assist with optimal family relationships and functioning.
To get started, call us at 206-524-9055. You may also search for a therapist by location, specialty or name.