The following pages have the latest updates on the COVID-19 crisis locally and nationally:
Local Updates on COVID-19
Washington State Coronavirus Response Page
Seattle and King County Public Health
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department
Snohomish County Health District
Washington Governor Jay Inslee
Washington State Department of Health
Seattle Times Updates
National Updates on COVID-19
Center for Disease Control and Prevention
Schools, Education & Childcare
Your local school district will offer the most up to date information about school related matters. As of March 12, all schools in King, Pierce, and Snohomish counties will be closed until April 24.
Seattle Public Schools
Federal Way Public Schools
Renton School District
Tukwila School District
Highline Public Schools
Kent School District
Tacoma Public Schools
Bellevue School District
Shoreline Public Schools
- Seattle Public Schools will open a number of schools Monday through Friday 11AM – 1PM to hand out grab and go meals to students. Maps of the school locations:
- Child Care Support during School Closures
- Request Childcare Seattle Area Mutual Aid
- List of homeschooling resources
- Seattle Help for Parents & Caregivers During Covid-19 Outbreak [Facebook Group]
Talking to Your Children
- Mutual aid for folks to request & offer food & supplies [Facebook]
- Emergency Food Network Updates
- King County foodbank map
- WA-BLOC and FEEST Seattle are providing free hot lunch for students in the Rainier Beach Community every Tuesday and Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Rainier Beach Community Center plaza while schools remain closed. More information is at WA-BLOC's Facebook page.
- Northwest Harvest SODO Community Market is handing out pre-bagged groceries.
- Musang (Beacon Hill restaurant) is giving our free meals to food insecure families as of 3/18/2020
Utilities & Internet
Comcast is offering 2 months free to new Internet Essentials customers in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Puget Sound Energy will not be disconnecting customers for non-payment during this time (as of 3/23/2020) and are offering bill payment assistance
Seattle Public Utilities & Seattle City Light will keep utilities on during the COVID-19 emergency (as of 3/23/2020)
Seattle City Light - Utility Discount Program
Activities for families to do at home:
Here are some webpages that will help you exercise self-care during a time when stress and anxiety are high.