Each year, Wellspring helps thousands of families in crisis take the next step forward for a Fresh Start in life. In addition to helping homeless families locate and maintain housing, Wellspring also provides essential items that all families need to stay healthy once they’ve moved into their new home. This includes personal hygiene products such as shampoo, toothbrushes and toothpaste, as well as safe, non-toxic household cleaning products.
Between April 15 and June 30, community members are invited to help families in crisis experience a Fresh Start by:
- Making a financial contribution – When you make a gift to Wellspring, $0.87 of every dollar goes directly to supporting children and families who are transitioning out of homelessness, and into a safe and stable home.
- Donating a new essential Fresh Start item – Once housing has been secured, all families need certain essential items to stay healthy and productive for a Fresh Start at home, at work, and at school. To view our list of suggested new items, please view our Fresh Start Wish list.
- Hosting a donation drive – Hosting a donation drive is a fun, meaningful, and rewarding way to spread the Fresh Start message among friends, family, and colleagues. For more information, please view our Donate Essentials & Other Items page.
- Volunteering – Make a Fresh Start a reality for children and families by volunteering with your friends, family, or co-workers! Please view our Volunteer page for more information.
- Staying Connected – Follow our Blog for inspiring stories of the gift of a Fresh Start – from our former clients, donors, volunteers, child philanthropists, and more – and share it with your online community! You can also stayed tuned via our Facebook and Twitter pages for up-to-date information on other ways to get involved.
All donated items will help stock the shelves of our Baby Boutique, our on-site store where homeless families can shop for free.