About OverviewWellspring is committed to preventing homelessness before it happens and intervening early when it does. We put families first. Learn more about our innovative approach, model and team.
Services OverviewWellspring is here to help. We act as advisors, helping clients to connect with whatever services they need to find lasting stability for themselves and their families.
- HousingServices to help families retain and regain stable housing.
- Early LearningPre-K education for children experiencing homelessness.
- EAPEmployee Assistance Program that connects employees in crisis with the services they need.
- Family StoreAccess to free clothing and essential items for children age 0–17.
- FIREFamily Information Resource Exchange (FIRE) provides digital resources for regaining stability.
- Employee Stability ProgramEmployee Stability Program helps employees retain or regain housing stability.
- Get Involved
Get Involved OverviewWellspring has a variety of ways for you to connect, engage and support our mission to end Family Homelessness. Now is your opportunity to take action.
- Individual GivingMake a life-altering gift in support of Wellspring families.
- Corporate EngagementLearn how your company can make an impact on family homelessness.
- VolunteerismShare your time, share your talents. Here’s how you can help.
- CalendarCheck out the ways you can engage with Wellspring.
- Our FundersWith gratitude to our partners in ending homelessness.
- PublicationsRead impact reports and archived newsletters.
Ending Family Homelessness For Good
Wellspring Family Services exists to end family homelessness by preventing it before it happens and intervening early when it does.
One in 20 children in Washington state is experiencing homelessness
And the impact is lifelong. Kids who experience homelessness are 10 times as likely to become homeless again as adults, which means their own children may also experience the trauma of insecure housing.
With your help, we can break this cycle.
Family homelessness disproportionately impacts women and children of color
Often hidden in plain sight, family homelessness looks different from what you expect. Many people associate homelessness with mental health, addiction and chronic unemployment—but family homelessness is a poverty issue driven by historic discrimination. Most of the people we serve are employed, but not earning a livable wage.
We connect people with the resources they need to regain or maintain housing stability, for good.
Keeping families stably housed in 2021
Lives impacted through
all Wellspring programs
all Wellspring programs
Families served through Housing Services
Children received free clothing and hygiene supplies
A different approach.
A better outcome.
Avoiding homelessness altogether is the most effective way to reduce its detrimental impact on families and communities. It’s also more cost-efficient than rehousing families after they become homeless.
Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) helps people to stay gainfully employed, and thereby stably housed. The earned revenue from our social enterprise model amplifies the impact of every dollar donated, so together we can support more individuals as they strive to achieve lasting stability for themselves and their families.
Wellspring is a program like no other. I can't really express with words how much positivity it's created in our life along with so much hope for our future.”
I want to say thank you for helping my son with everything. He is happy every day when he comes home from school, so I feel happy too when I see his happiness on his face.”
One of my closest friends has faced homelessness in their lives. With great organizations like Wellspring Family Services, my friend was able to rebuild their family life with a good career. Wellspring Family Services' mission statement symbolizes a ray of hope and offers tremendous support for families that face homelessness. At times, we may face darkness, but with great support anything can be turned around. ”